9.21.2009

be calm

i have a new bff: STRESS. we're like two peas in a pod, there is just no separating us (trust me, i've tried).

i've seen this on multiple blogs (because i am a blog stalker. the bsa {blog stalkers anonymous} group is in the works) and decided to make my own. these past few weeks have left me feeling tired and overwhelmed. and did i mention stressed? i need cheering up. so here it goes; my very own happiness list.

30 things that make me just plain HAPPY.

1. singing in the car as loud as i possibly can.
2. strawberries.
3. the smell after it rains.
4. letters from missionaries.
5. cheap sunglasses.
6. spontaneous vacations.
7. the simplicity of sundays (the ones without a hundred meetings).
8. discovering new music artists.
9. tv on dvd.
10. awkward situations.
11. the heat of an arizona summer.
12. the feeling in your stomach during a huge drop on a roller coaster.
13. writing of any kind.
14. imagining the library i'm going to have in my house.
15. reminiscing with my family.
16. adventures.
17. thank you notes.
18. learning new songs on the piano.
19. laying in the grass at night.
20. buying things from ikea and/or target.
21. finding inspiration in something unexpected.
22. my new room.
23. pedicures.
24. text messages.
25. mexican food.
26. orange trees.
27. st. johns, arizona.
28. shoes.
29. candid photos.
30. driving around at night in the winter with all the windows down and the heat on full blast.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Excuse me but what happened to driving with your mom in L.A.? I thought for sure that would make your list!

MeganHowell said...

YOU KNOW WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY?! YOU!!!!! but really.