5.09.2010

"all that i am, i owe to my mother"

my mom has this thing about her that i've tried so hard to emulate. she has the ability to accept people for who they are, no questions asked. and i mean really accept them- no judgements, no gossiping about them later, nothing. i think a lot of that is because she is a tell-it/see-it-like-it-is person. and because of that, people tend to turn to her for advice and such. right now she is having to deal with her mother who has alzheimer's, her dad who is trying to cope with his wife having alzheimer's, taking in a foster child and a few other things that i probably shouldn't mention on here, all while working full time and taking care of kids and a husband (but don't worry, she still finds time to go cool places like canada and puerto rico).

"there is no one perfect way to be a good mother. each situation is unique. each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children. ... what matters most is that a mother loves her children deeply and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her husband, prioritizes them above all else." -m. russell ballard

happy mother's day, mama! i love you and i'm glad i did whatever it was i did to deserve you as my mom.

4 comments:

M + L said...

VERY sweet Cass. Mom is the greatest!

Jamie said...

Oh Cassie! Thank you so much. I didn't read this till this morning and it made me cry. I have great children who are special, smart, kind and just all around wonderful so it has been such a great pleasure to me to be your mother. I love you! I love all of you to pieces.

Rachel said...

This was so nice cassie! You have quite the talent for writing! I love reading your blog! I love your mom too...oh to have her strength!

Sherri Romney said...

Cassie your mom IS great. I love your family! SO MUCH!