5.24.2010

staple it together

last week i turned the big two-oh and to celebrate i went to the d-backs game with my family, jessica, jeremy and cameron. i'm also lame and took no pictures (except of conor jackson, but those are really just for me).

ikea finally came out with a good nightstand to go with the rest of my bedroom furniture. i'd been itching to get it so i finally did as my birthday present to myself. i've never actually done that before (the present to yourself thing) but it made me happy and i have every intention of doing that every year. and no one can say anything to you because it's your birthday and who would be rude enough to tell you you can't buy yourself a gift on your birthday? idiots, but they don't count for anything.


it doesn't look that brown in real life. i promise i didn't buy a brown nightstand to go with all my black furniture. i also bought the lamp and clock for a total of $22. who can beat that?? that is why i love ikea.

since i got the nightstand and there wasn't exactly a place to put it, i got to rearrange my furniture!! this is one of my favorite things to do. don't ask why. kelly says my husband is going to get sick of me wanting to always change things around. oh well, he can deal.

anyway, here is the new set up. i love it so much more than the old set up.
there is more i want to do but i'm out of money at the moment (i know, story of my life) so anything else will have to come later. for now i'm happy for the change.

5 comments:

M + L said...

Cute Cass! It's amazing that it's CLEAN :)

Sherri Romney said...

The nightstand looks black to me. :) Your room looks great! And I always buy myself something on my birthday :)

Shay said...

Happy to see you had a good birthday; poo for no pics!:-) haha and im Glad you bought yourself something- Adorable room!

Brooke said...

beautiful darling, just beautiful

d.jo said...

How fun! I love your saying on the wall!