3.26.2009

Ok, I can die now.

I'll be honest, I'm not even sure where to start. I feel like a 5 year old on Christmas. I wanted to blog about this right away while I'm still all hyped up so I wouldn't forget anything.

Ok, I went to the Suns game. I had a VIP pass that allowed me access to all the back parts of the arena and whatnot. How? Lindsay and I have our connections :) It was really weird because since we have obviously never had the chance to do anything like this before, we felt a little out of place. It was not at all what I was expecting. We were with Ze and Samara, Leandro Barbosa's trainer and girlfriend. Everyone knew who they were since they go to all the games. WELL, we get in and take our seats. Then we figure out that Lindsay and I are really supposed to be sitting in the opposite end of the arena. Luckily, the people whose seats we were sitting in never showed. One guy did, but he just sat in the empty seat next to us. He actually was very nice. His name was Caliph (ha ha, Lins I just figured out why you asked him to spell it) and he is one of the shooting trainers for the team. Well, my dad, Kelly and Connor were at the game also. My dad got tickets from work but they were in the 3rd to last row in the top section. When we told Caliph, he took out tickets since those seats weren't being used and took another girl's ticket and went and gave them to my family so they could sit closer. And we had just met him! It was so nice. They were sitting in the handicap section and said it was a little weird but at least they could see!
Since we had the special pass, we were allowed to go to the "family" area and get food and all that good stuff. It was cool. I felt important. Ha ha! This is us with Ze during half time.
Our little passes said "Barbosa Guest." Sa-weet!
It was a really good game. We saw Shaq and Steve Nash's wives, they were a few rows in front of us. Matt Barnes' wife was sitting behind us and she was very very nice and really pretty. And his twin boys are ADORABLE! Seriously, so cute. It was a little hard to pay attention to the game with all the talking going on around us and trying to get the fam in better seats. I really only saw the 4th quarter. It was one of those perfect games though. Lots of excitement, and we won!!

Ok, here comes the good part :)
Ze had told us that he would introduce us (finally) to Leandro. We were waiting and waiting and finally he comes out and I started to get nervous. That is totally dumb because he is just a normal person, but whatever. He introduced himself to us and Lindsay even talked to him in Portuguese. Never in my life have I ever desired more to be able to speak Portuguese! He was so nice though, took a picture with us no problem and talked to us a little. He signed our passes and came and gave us both hugs before leaving. It was so amazing. We waited around forever and then more players started coming out. Lindsay is more brave than me so I made her ask to take the pictures! Ze took our camera and said "I will go" and would walk up to whoever it was and say "these are my friends, can you take a picture with them?" It was so funny! I am so glad he did it though!
This is Leandro. He was sitting in the chair and Lindsay said, "Leandro smile" and he did so we took a picture. Definitely the nicest one there.

LB!
This one is my favorite.
STEVE NASH!
I was so excited about this one because he has been one of my favorite players for a long time. He was definitely the nicest next to Barbosa. He actually introduced himself to us and shook our hands and asked how we were and what our names were. It was like a 10 second conversation but I don't even care. Best 10 seconds of my life.
JASON RICHARDSON!
He was surprisingly nice. I didn't expect him to be rude, but when we asked for the picture he said "oh sure!" like we were silly for being afraid to ask.
MATT BARNES!
He was fairly nice. I don't think he cared about taking a picture with us, but he probably didn't want his baby in it. Oh well. Look how cute that kid is!
DAN MAJERLE!
This one was not as big of a deal to me as it was to Lindsay. To be honest, I didn't know who it was until Lins said his name. I know who he is, but I didn't know it was him when I saw him. I guess I'm too young. It was still cool though. He was really nice and I felt bad asking because his hands were full. Then, Ze had accidentally flipped the button to record. So we have two recordings of us standing next to him smiling. Its funny. He was kind and patient enough to wait for us to figure it out.
GRANT HILL!
He wasn't rude, but didn't seem thrilled about it.
SHAQUILLE O'NEAL!
He was so excited to meet us, as you can tell. Actually, the camera flashed twice and he started to walk away after the first one so that is why he is looking away. He is HUGE! I was wearing 3 inch heels and wasn't even close to hitting his shoulder. I know I am short but my goodness! Ha :)
Have I mentioned how cool this was? I hate to use the word "cool" but there really isn't any other way to describe it. Even though some of the players blew us off, they still took the picture and I am grateful for that. I think I will create a Suns wall in my bedroom. Ha ha! I am SO glad I got to have this experience! It was the best day.

My new goal? DIAMONDBACKS! :)

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Good luck with the Diamondback thing - you don't know anyone connected with them. :)

M + L said...

I'm pretty sure I'm your FAVORITE sister now!

The Scott's said...

I know we haven't seen each other for a while. How was your date? :) I've thought about it and laughed a couple times but haven't called you. Um, nice post. Wow!! So cool! So many pictures. That is ca-razy. And did you get hair done? It looks so pretty and you look hot!

Deanna said...

I bet you have millions of jealous friends wondering if you can hook them up with VIP tickets. Glad you guys had so much fun.

cherie said...

how cool is that???? wow, what a fun night to remember!
btw, thanks for stopping by my blog. wish you were still in YW!

Brooke said...

oh my goodness that's awesome, I'm a little jealous