6.10.2009

blue side

for whatever reason, i've been wanting to blog lately. i don't even have anything to talk about, but i just... want to. do not ask me why.
so for those that actually read this (mom), you get to read my ramblings about nothing.

the gilbert police department put a speed radar on my street. at first, i thought it was stupid. and then i remembered that episode of the office when they all run past it and see who can get the fastest speed. no worries, we definitely tried it. tennis shoes and all, i ran as fast as i could, and NOTHING showed up. it was blank. how sad is that? we figured out it doesn't clock you until you're going at least 15mph. of the ones that legitimately tried, connor and cameron were the only ones that could get anything. they tied at 18mph. kelly and i had cameron ride on his bike next to us and clock us and according to him, we were both going 12mph. seriously though, it is kind of pathetic that i couldn't run that fast. and then i remembered, oh yeah, i haven't run a mile since i was a freshman... 5 years ago. anyone that knows me knows i have a very strong dislike of exercise. i avoid it at all costs so i really shouldn't be surprised. i was so determined though. kelly and i made a plan to do sprints all week long and then try again at the end of the week to see if we could do it. we were going to make a video. i was really excited because i thought maybe that could be my motivation to work out. but much to my dismay, the thing was gone when i got home from work today. i think they moved it to a different street and if so i want to find it. the good news? kelly and i have no need to do sprints and i can stick to my lazy ways.

i have a new favorite song. "gravity" by sara bareilles. it will be played on repeat for at least a week. actually, her cd is in my car and it really is the only thing i listen to (along with adam lambert's version of u2's "one"). "vegas" is a good one too. would have been really fitting for my dreamer post had i remembered about it.

a friend and i are watching all the seasons of the o.c. and i was reminded of how much i love andadam brody & ben mckenzie
thank you warnerbrothers for bringing these wonderful (and lets not forget attractive) men into my life.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

What I wonder is how many of our neighbors were watching you guys run down and street and saying "look at those weirdos!"

Brooke said...

haha that's a really funny image. thanks for that. i have faith in you, you can do it

natalli said...

no no i don't feel creeped out at all. haha. o and OC reruns are a guilty pleasure of mine. :)

d.jo said...

I think 12 miles an hour is still AMAZING! Don't feel bad about yourself. With my pregnant belly I think I could still only run 2-3 miles an hour. One thing's for sure--there's no way in heck I'm going to try and find out how fast I can run right now. You guys are so funny.