7.29.2009

note to self

dear cold sore,
go away!!!!!! please.

dear asu,
the fact that your degree program for an english major is only at the phoenix campus is really making this switching majors thing difficult. also, tuition is too much.

dear costa vida,
i've asked you before and i'll ask you again. please move by my house. they just cut down the corn fields and there is plenty of room. don't forget about the drive thru.

dear creator of the credit card,
what were you thinking?

dear paper chain on my wall,
i'm happy there are only 297 links of you left. but there are (approximately) only 271 days left, and i can't decide how to go about fixing that.

dear dad,
i'm happy you only changed your work schedule for 6 weeks. i'm not feeling the whole me getting home after you've already left for work and going all week without really seeing you thing. and, i still want to go to ah-so's.

dear taco bell,
if costa vida does move closer and gets a drive thru, don't fret. you won't be replaced. though i am kind of annoyed that you were closed when i went to go get food tonight and it was only 11.

dear upset client,
i hope you weren't trying to be professional in that letter you sent us. as a general rule, the phrase "pull the trigger" is never really appropriate.

dear bedroom,
i promise i'll get around to cleaning you this weekend. maybe...

dear arizona,
i don't know why everyone is complaining. i quite enjoy your heat. though to be totally honest, i would cheat on you with california if i had the chance.

dear insomnia,
we've never been friends, and i prefer to keep it that way. any time you want to leave, let me know. i don't like tossing and turning all night. i miss sleep.


love,
me

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Cassie, How'd you get to be so darn cute? I miss you. In fact I'm due for a celebratory hug. It IS almost Friday, after all!! XOXO forever,

The Scott's said...

You are so adorable. I can't wait to read your book!

M + L said...

Don't we have a great time at the office? NEVER a dull moment.

Jamie said...

This is an example of why you should be an English major. You could do a book on humor! Loved this Cass. Made me laugh.

Alyse Clonts said...

Awesome writing...it makes me want to write...but that's why I blog. It has been forever since I've seen anyone on my mom's side of the family. It is really sad! Keep checking out my blog for updates!

Rachel said...

This cracked me up! I am glad that you reminded me of your blog change! This is what I have been missing! You live such a fun life! I had no idea that you were going in to nursing....or at least for awhile. My bit of advice...is that you seem to be on the right track listening to the prophet and finding joy in the journey. Life goes by too quickly to just settle for something that makes your money....go with your passion!