8.27.2009

no questions, no answers

tuesday. 12:41pm. phone call.
me: (blah blah blah), how can i help you?
client: i need the papers!
me: okay, may i have your name?
client: but the papers!
me: may i have your name please?
client: its for the (says half of a company name)
me: okay, but may i have your name please?
client: but i need the papers! the papers!
me: i understand that, ma'am. may i have your name?
client: THE PAPERS!!!!!
me: WHAT. IS. YOUR. NAME?? (lindsay said i was rude. i don't think i was rude, or didn't mean to be at least, but you could tell i was frustrated.)
i gave up and put her on hold.

today. 9:39am. phone call (same person)
me: (blah blah blah), how can i help you?
client: i have an appointment. where do i exit on the freeway?
me: where are you coming from?
client: phoenix
me: okay, exit stapley
client: what?
me: stapley
client: what?!
me: exit STAPLEY, and turn left
client: i exit university?
me: no, stapley
client: hold on
friend of client: where do we exit?
me: stapley
friend of client: can you spell it?
me: s-t-a-p-l-e-y
friend of client: s-t-l-p-y
me: no, s-t-a-p-l-e-y. stapley
friend of client: oh, stapley?
me: yes. do you need further directions?
friend of client: no

and then they came in and spoke to lindsay just fine.
at least they make work interesting sometimes.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Were they as dumb looking as they sounded? Or were they really old and you sort of felt bad for being annoyed?

MeganHowell said...

i work with stupid people all day too... collections. don't ever do it! and I LOVE YOUR NEW CAR and i am jealous because i still have a ghetto smoker plug for my ipod, you so fancy giiiirl! xoxoox