8.09.2009

we are family

my dad turned the big five zero today. so, naturally, we had a karaoke party for him on saturday night.

this is us, (kelly. dad. mom. connor. lins. me) singing what we call our family "theme song"

and no, it isn't "love at home" or "families can be together forever"

it's "get over it" by the eagles. and if i remember correctly, that became our theme song quite a while back on a car ride to st. johns. it's the one song we know all the words to, and any time it comes on we belt it out.



with that being said, happy birthday, dad! i love you and am thankful for the example you've set for me and for everything you've taught me (yes, i do listen to you). don't worry about the fact that you're halfway up the "stairway to heaven". the one thing you'll always have to hold on to is the fact that mom is older than you. (sorry, mom!)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Thanks Lube! I really needed that pointed out! In the words of our theme song, "get over it." :)

M + L said...

I'm so glad we threw a party for Dad! It was so fun! And we kicked butt at Spice Girls!! Haha!