9.15.2008

Thanks, but no.

So I'm in my lab last week for chem and my teacher keeps looking at me. I try to pretend I don't find it weird, but also can't stop myself from occasionally checking to see if he is still looking. This went on for over half the lab before he FINALLY said "you look like someone." Okay...? So I asked "who?" and he said "I don't know her name." Ah, progress. I just thought he meant someone he knew, because I get that a lot. People always tell me they are related to someone or saw someone at church or in a class that looks like me. But then he said "she was a famous actress and she died in the 80's but I can't remember her name." Since I wasn't alive in the 80's, that did not help me.

He then proceeds to call over some of the older people in the class (not old, but those who were alive in the 80's. I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest one in the class) and asks them if they remember the name of the actress who fell off a boat and drowned and everyone thought her husband pushed her off the boat. They all say no and he says "well, doesn't she look like her" and points at me. So now everyone is staring at me. Yeah, that wasn't awkward. About 10 minutes later he finally figures out that her name is Natalie Wood.

Really, I don't see it. She was very pretty, but we look nothing alike. I've also been told I look like Audrey Hepburnand Kate Beckinsale
All compliments, but I do not look anything like any of these women.

7 comments:

M + L said...

I don't think you look like them either. One person, when I was in high school, told me I look like Tori Spelling. Ewww. At least people think you look like attractive people.

And, I have fixed my graduation countdown at least 100 times and every now and then it wigs out on me. I stopped fixing it because it goes back to normal and then wigs out again.

I KNEW you would like Greys and begged you to watch it with me over Christmas break and you refused. We would have had so much fun eating junk food and watching drama. That is mine and Natalie's favorite show of all time.

M + L said...

Oh, and tell me how I can put several pictures on my background title. That's cool looking.

Jamie said...

I think the person that you look the most like is Kate Beckinsale if I had to pick one. But I really think you just look like beautiful Cackie Lebi!

Winter said...

Okay, I don't see the Kate Beckinsale connection, but I can see how people connect you with the other two. It's your face. At a glance, you do look like them... but otherwise I'm with you.. =P I'm hoping you still take it as a compliment tho, cuz they were both very pretty women!

Brooke said...

well all of you have the same face shape and very pretty eyes...maybe that's it. Remember when the guys said I looked like Veda? That band chick we saw? ya that wasn't particularly flattering... so at least these ladies don't have a boy haircuts

Unknown said...

Nope. You're prettier then all of them! For sure.

Austin Passey said...

You have the same eyes as the first one. As for the rest of them I don't see it.