9.03.2008

Drum Roll Please...

Well, it finally came. My parents have waited for this day for almost 15 years and today they finally got to watch their son play on a high school football field. It is still so weird to me that Connor is in high school. I can't even imagine how my mom feels and it scares me for how I'll feel when it is my child, not just my little brother. Connor played very well. He played as a linebacker, punted and even went in as quarterback for a few plays. The kid took all the talent in the family. Mesquite beat Desert Ridge 41 to 6. Good job, Con!

Also, I have a funny story. When my parents and I were driving to go pick him up from the school we were on Warner and this girl makes a U-turn RIGHT in front of us. And I'm not exaggerating. My dad slammed on the brakes and honked and we thought she was retarded. Then after we got Connor there was this guy driving behind us who was going way too fast and kept switching lanes at the same time as us. Then we went to get food and in the parking lot a car starts to back out in front of us and we had to stop until he saw us and he pulled back in. Then like 20 down from that, ANOTHER car starts backing out. My dad wasn't going fast because its a parking lot but he wasn't going slow either. The car keeps coming so my dad hit the horn and held it for a good 7 seconds (though it felt like 20) and he moved over to try to give the guy room and he STILL hit us. We were laughing. It didn't do that much damage, his car was worse than ours but the paint is messed up on our front bumper. My dad thinks he was destined for an accident because we kept coming so close and then finally one of the idiots hit us. Oh man, it totally made my night. He came over and apologized and was really nice. I guess you had to be there, but it was funny and a very weird night. That's all :)

1 comment:

M + L said...

I'm really glad Connor has excelled in sports and is as talented as he is. I like to watch him because of it. GREAT JOB CONNOR! Go Wildcats!

And for the minor accident, that is HiLaRiOuS!! Too bad I read about it on your blog and NO ONE called to tell me about it. Typical. Were you guys in the Suburban? Glad no one got hurt.