3.04.2010

wouldn't you agree? running always slows you down

i've been working out.
hahaha. no, that's not entirely (or even a little) true. can't even say it seriously.
what i should say is that i want to work out.
at least 4 times a week, i go to bed with intentions of getting up early to run the next morning. i set my alarm and everything. half of the time, i don't even hear it. the other half, i hit snooze for an hour. then once i'm up, i swear off soda and all things sugar.
and then i get to work. and i stare at this ALL DAYand really, how can i not grab 2 or 10?

plus, this is right down the hall(*please note the soda to water ratio)
and my boss asks me almost every time i go in there if i want one.

is it sad that i'm going to become obese and no one is even going to think twice about it?


but really, it's not even really all about weight. i'm ridiculously out of shape. i probably haven't run a mile since my freshman year of high school.

so, here are my new goals:
-run a mile without wanting to chop my legs off afterward
-actually run the whole mile
-do a pull-up without pushing off the ground (yes i'm aware that would mean i'm not even really doing a pull-up).
-be able to run to my car when i forget my wallet without having to take a breather
-stop telling people i have asthma, because i don't (but i am supposed to use an inhaler before any physical activity).
-stop using my back issues as an excuse.
-do sit-ups or push-ups during all commercial breaks (you won't even believe how many shows i watch).

i'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

Deanna said...

robinsonfitness.com I just started a free 4 week bootcamp. So basically I can't walk right and since it's at 5:30 am I'm exhausted...you could join in for 3 more free weeks though :)

Jamie said...

One word. Willpower. Sometimes I have it, sometimes I don't. Still, give it a try. :) All my girls are beautiful anyway.

Sherri Romney said...

Eeeek if I had all of that at my fingertips I WOULD be HUGE. Jacob gets upset because only diet soda and "LIGHT" ranch, "LIGHT" butter, "LIGHT" everything is whatI bring home from the store. SO he is stuck eating "chick food" while "every other guy out there can at least have a regular soda in his fridge". Hahaha Poor guy. It is the only way I have the willpower to do it...if it is not around. Good luck girl! And I am attempting to get back in shape too, but I can only run one lap at a time so far... ;)

The Scott's said...

You are so cute - even if you were fat! Nothing like a looming rm deadline to help the cause right?! ;) You go girl - I know you can do it!

Rachel said...

Too bad we don't live closer...sounds like we have the same problem! We could do it together!

Brooke said...

last week a guy asked me if I wanted to join him in a 5K...no I don't. I told him to let me know next time (halfheartedly and hoping I'd maybe be in better shape) and he just informed me he's doing another this weekend. that's not gonna happen...I feel slightly hopeless

M + L said...

Running or not, you know you'd be drinking that soda!!!