4.22.2010

hotel california

remember how tax season ended on april 15th? it did. and on april 16th i got the heck out of arizona and had a lovely weekend in huntington beach.

i went with friends hillary, brendy and morgin. we had SO MUCH FUN. nothing cures me like a road trip to california, and the girl time wasn't so bad either.

saturday we spent a huge chunk of the day at the beach. and i got REALLY sunburned. it's 5 days later and i'm still red. and before you be like my dad and say "you're dumb!" i have to defend myself. the only sunblock we had was spf 70 and i knew if i put that on i was going to get NO color and that would have totally defeated the purpose of going to the beach. so i put some on my face and was going to put more on the rest of my body after a couple hours.
well.
i fell alseep.
and it was overcast.
and you know the rest of the story.


sunday we went to the newport temple and even found a singles ward to go to! we maybe only did that in hopes of finding cute boys (there weren't any) but the point is that we got to take the sacrament, right? (right.)
funny stories:
1. we were sitting on this wall watching people play volleyball and a big group of guys walked by. they made it almost all the way to the water when one of them turns around, walks back to us and says, "um... you forgot to ask me for my number when i walked by earlier" HAHAHAHA! if you're wondering, yes we got the number and we applauded him having the guts to do that.

2. hillary had on a bright neon yellow bathing suit (that was super cute) and she had a victoria secret tote that said "love pink" on it and the straps on that were also yellow. there was a different group of guys that walked by and one of them said "she loves pink but she's wearing yellow..." hahaha, it was great.


things i learned:
1. driving in california makes me speed like no other.
2. when they put the north and south entrances to the freeway on the same side of the road i get REALLY confused.
3. i need to live closer to the ocean.
4. when the back of your knees turn purple from the sun, moving becomes extremely difficult.
5. i can be easily persuaded to agree to run a half marathon.
6. i am going to become one of those people who flakes out on things they never really meant to agree to.

no worries, i'm already trying to figure out when i can go back.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Great pictures and I'm glad you had such a good time. Loved the story about the guy coming back to say you forgot to ask for his phone number. Very clever.

Alyse Clonts said...

You are just too cute. I went to California on a girl's road trip in March. It was awesome. I'm so glad you had a great time!

The Dobbins said...

These pictures are adorable, and make me SAD! Because I MISS YOU!.. I know i know, we need to do lunch soon and I totally want to. Im so glad you had fun on your trip. I was just thinking about all our girls nights, and our shirts. I miss you girls SO MUCH! AND that boy of yours comes home all too sooooon! I love you girl, keep me updated on his homecoming :) mwaH!

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

you are so adorable.