4.25.2010

time bomb


dear sunburn,
really? don't you think it's kind of ridiculous that it's been a week and i'm still red?

dear tax season 2009,
ooooh the stories! i guess the thing i will always be thankful for is the stupidity/paranoia that without a doubt comes out in people when tax time rolls around. like the man who left a message and actually used the phrase "cease and desist." that will never stop being funny.

dear cold sores,
why must you show up around the time of EVERY vacation i go on? what is that about?

dear oregano's,
heaven in my mouth. that's what you are.

dear macbook pro,
welcome to my life.

dear savings account,
i agree, it probably was a total joke to even set you up. i'm sorry i never let you keep a decent amount of money. i have good intentions but i think we both know those don't always mean anything. i'll try harder.

dear eagles,
thanks for not dying before i got to see you. it really was the best show i've ever been to. also, i think joe walsh is a little crazy. just sayin'

dear arizona,
my thoughts on summer: the hotter the better. please and thank you.

how do i say this? this season sucks. i can only imagine how next year will be without simon when it's already this bad. maybe let's consider calling it quits..

dear future,
i don't know what you hold but i've decided to stop worrying. come what may and love it. i'm working on it.

dear 20th birthday next month,
i have one word for you: ew.

xoxo,

me

7 comments:

Shay said...

I love when you do "dear..." posts, its my favorite:-) Couple things- I am glad your still red. Welcome to my world of the permanant sunburn on my face;-) 2- I agree, American Idol is awful. 3- You are crazy to want it hot this summer. Crazy. But still adorable!

Jamie said...

Dear Cassie - don't fall asleep in the sun which will alleviate both the red and the cold sores; I'm with you on Oregano's; wish I didn't have so many bills to pay so I could actually afford a macbook pro; stop neglecting your savings account; the Eagles rock and Joe Walsh is a guitar freak which makes up for the fact that you can't understand one word he sings; hotter the better? You are a sick human being if you love that; your future looks bright to me because you will be great at whatever your choose to do and happy with the way you choose to live. You are awesome.

Unknown said...

Dear you,

Let's celebrate the big -2-0- together. You and me. We can eat Oreganos, talk about money and travels and life and hug each other because it's Friday or something. What do you say?

Love,

Me

M + L said...

I luff you sister! Write a book already so I can pee my pants laughing :)

Jenny and Torrey said...

Cassie-
I totally agree with Lins, you definitely need to write a book! I love reading your posts, you are hilarious!

Brooke said...

dear cassie,
why don't you want to be 20!!?! It rocks. Really, I'm not joking. teenager bye bye, hello world

Sherri Romney said...

I'd buy a book you wrote Cassie. And I wish I were 20 still. Just turned 26 and am NOT thrilled about this. At all.