5.10.2009

And you call yourself lucky...

19 (one for every year I've been alive) reasons I love my mom.

She chats with me on google while we’re both at work.

She got me addicted to reading (though I’m not as bad as her yet).

I had to explain to her the concept of the “that’s what she said” joke.

I laugh more with her than I do with most people.

She tells it like it is, and doesn’t beat-around-the-bush or sugar-coat things. And she passed that on to all of her children.

She lets me listen to the music I want in the car, even though I know she doesn’t like some of it.

She is just as obsessed with Twilight as I am.

She’s my friend as well as my mother.

She’s always just let me be me.

She helps take care of her own mother, even though she works and has 6 people living in her house she has to take care of.

She loves sports and isn’t a “girly-girl.”

She listens to all my ridiculous goals and ideas and doesn’t tell me I’m crazy or that I can’t do it.

She has the ability to accept people for who they are.

She makes friends at the grocery store.

She decided what she wants her grandchildren to call her based off of a child that has no relation to us.

She makes up phrases such as “serial hair stroker” and “surrogate grandchild.”

She pretends to not like the t.v. shows I watch but then starts asking questions when I’m watching them.

She actually said “uh, the American Idol finale is on your birthday… so do you want to go to dinner Monday night or do an early dinner?” to me the other day.

She’s the best mom, end of story.



Happy Mothers Day, Mom! I love you :)



3 comments:

Jamie said...

I love you too Lube! And thanks. I'm just have you have all survived my parenting mistakes.

MeganHowell said...

i love your mom because of the american idol comment:) i have a bridal shower to go to across utah county on tuesday night AND on wednesday night we will be driving to az! baaahhhh!!! so basically ill totally miss BOTH nights. anyways. much love to ya sista, much loooove.

Unknown said...

What a great bday post.

So cool.