5.27.2009

Car Crash - Matt Nathanson

Anyone ever heard that song? Because I got in an accident today, and it is not as cool as he makes it sound. Haha :) I had just left work and there is a LOT of construction on University by my office and it goes to one lane. You know how sometimes you drive home from somewhere and when you get home you don't remember the drive? It was like that. I never looked away or anything, my phone and iPod were in my purse. My mind just blanked and all of a sudden traffic stopped and hard as I tried, I didn't. Or didn't in time anyway. I slammed right into the guy in front of me. I was so freaked out I called Lindsay and made her come help me because I didn't know what to do. I was still right by my work so she got there in about 2 minutes. She talked to the guy and wrote down all the information. It really wasn't that big of a deal, my car doesn't even look bad. It just totally freaked me out because I've never been in an accident as a passenger, let alone as the driver. Thankfully the guy didn't want to call the cops so I didn't get cited.

His car, the worse of the two.


Mine


The only real damage to my car was the front bumper by the lights. The lights are loose and there is a small scratch on the bottom of the car. That's really it. That little dent in the middle was already there.

Yeah, I know it wasn't terrible, but it was scary for me. Thankfully he wasn't hurt. I have a slight headache but that's about it. And now, my insurance goes up. Joy.

3 comments:

M + L said...

And Dad thought he would have one child that never got into an accident until they moved out...WRONG! Can't wait to see what Connor will be like! Glad you're safe, but you really do need to quit day dreaming about Jeremy in the car, look what happened! I'm glad I was close by and could help. And you're freaking lucky your car doesn't look ANYTHING like his.

And when you say "Lindsay wrote down all the information" you forget to mention it was all written on a Bank of America deposit ticket. BAAHAHAHAH!

PS I liked how you stood there and let me do all the talking. I felt in control :)

Tara said...

Ahh I'm sorry you got in an accident! You sounded just like me-I wouldn't know what to do either! Glad you and your car are ok though:)

Mindy said...

glad you are okay and that lindsay was able to "manage" the situation. whoo hoo-so what kind of car are you going to get? when is lindsay moving out?