5.03.2009

Judy, could anyone be loved anymore?

Well, I wouldn’t call it a vacation. I would call it a VA-walked-around-three-theme-parks-in-four-days-and-now-my-body-aches-CATION. But don’t get the wrong idea. I had a LoT of fun and it was a much needed break from life. I just think for my next trip, I’m going to the beach and doing nothing but sitting, getting tan and sleeping :)

Lindsay and I woke up early Wednesday morning and headed straight for Disneyland. Day one was spent mostly at California Adventure. We rode the same 3 rides over and over, with another thrown in the mix as well. We went to Disneyland for a couple hours too before heading home. And can I just say that (even though this makes me pathetic) it is ridiculous that they put all the good rides so far away from each other. I seriously think they are singlehandedly trying to cure obesity, minus all the people they give the scooters to. I was so tired after the first day I slept for 11 hours that night. Day two was just the opposite- most of the day spent in Disneyland with a couple hours in California Adventure and a little shopping at the end of the day. It was a good two days, though I have to admit Disneyland is not as fun when you’re not 8 or don’t have little kids to help with the excitement.

I know it's kind of hard to see, but when we were walking out after the ride to see the pictures, there were guys standing next to us and one of them saw my face, pointed and said "oh, that's pretty." Lins and I looked at each other and laughed and one of the friends looked at us and realized it was me and said "dude, she's right there." The guy apologized and asked me if I knew where the camera was and if I did it on purpose. I said yes, but seriously, who makes a face like that on accident?!


Friday we went shopping. Or planned to until we got to the mall and realized that was a total dud. There is a store called H&M we wanted to go to that they don’t have in AZ but we were sadly disappointed with the selection. I still ended up with a skirt, shoes and two pairs of earrings though so I didn’t leave empty handed. Two friends flew in that afternoon and we had time to kill before they got there since shopping was a total joke so we decided to see State of Play. It was so GOOD! I loved it. I haven’t seen a good movie like that in a while. After a little drama with the hotel ($18 a day for parking and rooms that reeked of smoke when we asked for non-smoking) Jared, Brian, Lindsay and I headed off to Hollywood!

I’ve never been in that part of California and I gotta say the people are WEIRD but it was cool. We saw the Kodak Theatre and all the stars with celebrities' names and the cement block things where they write their name and give their footprint or whatever. We all had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and went back to the hotel.


Saturday was spent at Six Flags. Jared’s mission companion JR and his wife Summer joined us in our festivities. Oh and combined with all the walking were HILLS. So my worn out legs became even more sore with all the walking up and down at Six Flags. They’re probably in on the whole curing obesity thing. Or they just don’t take into consideration all the out of shape people who haven't run a mile since their freshman year of high school and consider 10 sit ups a month exercise such as myself. Laaame.

On one of the water rides (that I voted against going on). I didn't get that wet thankfully. Mostly only from Brian splashing me.


Jared, Me, Lins, Brian

Brian, Me, Jared, Lins, Summer, JR


Anyway, we rode 7 rides which was pretty good considering it was a Saturday and the shortest line we waited in was an hour and a half.


Sunday we went up to Huntington Beach before heading home. Lindsay and I didn’t really feel well so we sat and people watched while the boys shopped. Yes, I realize how backwards that sounds. I think probably the funniest thing of the whole trip was our GPS. She was helpful when we didn’t need it and not helpful when we did need it. Judy, as Jared named her, had a tendency to change her mind. I think she was bipolar. She took us on lots of creepo side streets to get places and when you were driving she would say “turn right” so we would turn right and then she would say “sharp left” and we would have to shoot across the road. It made for an entertaining trip though!


I’m definitely glad I went and I was grateful for the break. Next time, no theme parks.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Next time maybe you can take a few older cousins? Sounds like you guys had a blast! I still the guy behind you in California Screamin that was mocking you looks like tyson!

Tara said...

Cassie I looove reading your blog. You are so cute. I went to Huntington and Six Flags the same weekend as you too! Except we did beach on Saturday and six flags on Sunday. I'm totally with you on the "curing obesity" thing. How do you walk up hill ALL day long? You have to go down hill at one point don't you? That park kicked my butt.