11.30.2008

How Sweet It Is

Yesterday was my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party. It turned out so cute! A lot of people came, and it was so good to see everyone. The slide show Kelly and I were working on actually turned out alright, though its no where near done. We had some last minute complications so she just quickly finished it so we had something to show, but we'll be making it complete some time in the near future.

Some of the guests:

And we of course took family photos as well:
Frank & Corinne with their kids.

The whole group.Missing: Lindsay, Lena, KC & Jayden.
And yeah, we're all sort of wearing the same colors.
No, that wasn't planned.


Then, while everyone was cleaning up, Kansas and I went and took some pictures of our own.
All in all, it was a very fun day.



And yeah, so I got lazy with the thankfulness posting this week.
But to close out the month, I am thankful for my wonderful family, immediate and extended. They are truly some of the most amazing people and I am so glad I have them in my life. I am thankful for the gospel in my life. I don't know where I'd be without it and I feel so blessed to have grown up in a home where the gospel was taught. I am thankful for the holiday season. It's always a good time for reflecting and remembering all we have.


I also can't wait until Lindsay gets home in just over two weeks! We missed you yesterday, Lins (along with the others that weren't there)!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You are so good to already have this posted! It turned out so nice! I am glad that you guys did that for Aunt Corrine and Uncle Frank. I love them so much! I didn't know that you and kelly put the video together! I sat in the back and cried like a baby....I hate that I get so emotional. It was really nice! You guys did an awesome job! I wish I would have taken more pictures! It was great to see everyone! We missed you lins!

M + L said...

I WISH I WAS THERE! Kelly has on the CUTEST outfit! I wonder where she got it??? Oh wait...MY CLOSET!

I love my Grammy & Granddad to pieces and am really sad I could not be there. I'm glad I'm not the only one missing in the family picture. It made me feel better :) Mom said Uncle Thom wanted to get a big family picture of everyone and Mom said he would have to wait until I got home. YES!

2 more weeks babe and I'm home! You will like me for a day, and then we'll be sisters again. Love you!

Virgil J. Kane said...

Wow, you have some nice stories. Your family seems real close to each other something that is missing in a majority of todays society...thanks for sharing.